Friday, September 9, 2011

Zucchini Subzi / Stir Fried Zucchini

Initially when I saw Zucchini at the grocery stores, I wasn’t sure what kind of vegetable it was. I tried zucchini at a stir fry place and really liked the crunchy taste of it. After that I usually buy zucchini to use it in baked vegetables. Below recipe is what I made once when I didn’t have anything but Zucchini in the refrigerator and needed to add a side dish to our dinner. It is very quick, easy and flavorful.



Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 min. | Cooking Time: 10 min
Ingredients:
·         Zucchini – 2
·         Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
·         Cumin/ Jeera seeds – 1 tsp.
·         Black split gram/ Urad Dal – 1 tsp.
·         Fenugreek / Methi seeds – ½ tsp.
·         Red chili – 1 or 2 split
·         Oil – 1 tsp.
·         Salt to taste

Method of Preparation:
~  Wash and remove the ends of Zucchini. I peel the skin in a strip, leave a strip, alternating the pattern on them. Actually there is no need to peel off the skin. Cut them into 1 inch cubes.
~  Heat oil in a wok or a pan. Add mustard seeds.
~  Once it starts to splutter, add methi, urad dal and jeera seeds.
~  Continue to add split red chili.



~  Add zucchini cubes and increase the heat.
~  Stir fry quickly for about 2 – 3 minutes, add salt and mix well.
~  Now switch off the heat and leave the pan uncovered. (Otherwise Zucchini’s will become too soft)
~  Serve as a side dish to rice or even along with chapati.

3 comments:

  1. Zucchini subzi looks so tempting. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice recipe dear...Looks yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys.. It's one of the quickest and easiest, so my fav. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...